Friday, April 6, 2007

Higher Prices

No I'm not talking about the rising cost of fuel, I'm talking about the cost of enjoying an LA Dodgers game at Chavez Ravine.

The prices of games tickets and parking have gone up, and some Dodgers fans are upset. The basis for increasing the price of game tickets I'm not too sure of (considering they didn't sign many bigtime free agents for bigtime dollars). The basis for increasing the cost of parking from $10 to $15 they say has gone to hiring more parking attendents and a parking consultant.

As a diehard Dodger fan, I know we fans have been spoiled for a long time with the cheap cost of tickets. The seats in the Pavilion (the seats behind the outfield walls) and top deck (nosebleed seats) have gone from $8 gameday prices, to $10 if purchased on gameday. I don't think that's so unreasonable. Nor do I mind the higher cost for parking. Here's why:

Now, I'm not sure if you've even been to a Dodgers game, but if you have on a night when the game was sold-out, you'll know the worst part of it there being so many people are: 1 - the beer lines, and 2 - the time it would take to get out of the parking lot.


















If the extra $5 means I don't have to be on high alert when trying to exit the stadium, that there is some calming to the chaos of 45,000 people trying to leave the stadium at once, and that it won't take 45 minutes to over an hour just to get out of the parking lot, then it will be well worth the cost.

VIVA LOS DOYERS!!!

No comments: