Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Coachella 2007

I was there all 3 days. and it was truly incredible. If you've not been to a Coachella Festival, you should go. Without being able to truly put into words what REAL music is, you experience it here.

It was truly a great concert for me personally to go to as many of my favorite music artists were there and in full effect. My personal favorites artists I was able to watch included Rage Against the Machine, Bus Driver, Ozomatli, Stephen and Damian Marley, the Roots, and Manu Chao....to see those artists in one setting of the course of one weekend was awesome. Others I got to watch were Julieta Vinegas, CocoRosie, Bjork, Red Hot Chili Peppers, El-P, Willie Nelson, and Amy Winehouse. There were more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Below are just a few pics from my experience.


Layout of the Coachella Grounds.
Two big stages and 3 "tents" where the music went down, lots of reasonably priced food sold, and of course a few beers gardens here and there (which when you saw one in that desert 100-degree heat was like seeing an oasis).



Photo of the "Outdoor Stage" or 2nd stage where Stephen and Damian Marley were performing. (if you look closely you can see the Jamaican flag being waived around)



Photo of Bus Driver performing in the Gobi Tent.



It may not look like much, but it was hard getting a pic of my favorite band of all time in the pit. So yeah, this is Rage Against the Machine on the main stage.



Me in front of this art/light design thingie.



Simply put, them were good times.

2 comments:

Ren said...

How was Rage?!!

Buddha said...

Rage was awesome. Their message and music has been missed. I've been to many concerts, and never is there the connection between artists and crowd like there is with Rage.

If you can make it, they will be at Rock the Bells in August. I'll be there too. Should be great.