Monday, January 15, 2007

"Don't talk about it, be about it."

Music and politics oftentimes go hand in hand. There are a ton of good examples for that and this is one of my favorites. Below is a a video for the song called "Katrina Klap" by prolific hip hop artist Mos Def. The song is described as "a critical reaction to the lack of response by the Bush administration to the Hurricane Katrina disaster".



Maybe I'm a little slow, but I had to listen and watch this video a few times to get the complete feel of it (watched it once to pay attention to the lyrics and watch the video, and another time to read the scrolling text at the bottom, and another time put it all together). If you can do it the first time you see the video, you're better than me. Enjoy.

By the way, I LOVE youtube.com.

1 comment:

Truth on the Rocks said...

Great post. I'm a big fan of the Mighty Mos Def and have already shared this video with several friends. I don't know which is more frightening: Our country's response (or lack there of) to the catastrophe of Katrina, or our country's ignorance to the truth of how and why our government handled the situation as they did. Kudos to you Buddah for sharing this video.